Increase Page Speed To Improve Your Conversion Rate
Looking for one simple thing you can do to make a big difference in your BigCommerce business? Improve your page speed.
SEO and Marketing experts harp on page speed for a reason. It’s one of the most important factors for both your search engine rankings and overall user experience. Google’s bots rank faster pages higher and customer conversions skyrocket on faster-loading websites. In contrast, slow-loading pages tank your SEO and erode customer trust.
Improving page speed is among the most cost and time effective updates you can make to your BigCommerce website. If the holiday season isn’t your busy season, taking the time to upgrade to the Stencil framework is the single best thing you can do for your page speed. And if you’re a Blueprint customer facing down a busy holiday season, contact us today about our Page Speed Optimization Package for a quick fix with big results.
The Numbers on Ecommerce Page Speed
To keep customers in the pipeline, every millisecond of load time counts. Here are some fast facts about why page speed is so crucial:
- Page speed affects your bounce rate: Most consumers expect a website to load in 1-2 seconds and 40 percent of internet users will abandon a site that takes more than three seconds to load.
- Page speed problems are worse on mobile. Because phones and tablets have less processing power than computers, a site that’s slow on your desktop will be unusable on your phone.
- Slow pages hurt your bottom line: A one second delay in loading time can result in a 7 percent reduction in conversions.
- Small improvements make a big difference: A case study found that Walmart increased its conversion rate by 2 percent for every second it shaved off loading time.
- The biggest ecommerce players make it a priority: 78 percent of the top ecommerce sites have a load time of three seconds or less.
Worried your site is slow? Tools like Google PageSpeed Insight and GT Metrix can give you the data on your loading times to see if you’re meeting that crucial two second mark and, if not, what’s slowing you down.
How We Make Your BigCommerce Site Faster
Excess or uncompressed code, oversized images, too many redirects – these are all common problems that hinder page speed but are often hard for business owners to tackle on their own.
At IntuitSolutions, our experts work with BigCommerce merchants to troubleshoot common problems and identify unique challenges. Our Page Speed Optimization package is a fast, simple solution for cleaner code and a higher ranking, more user-friendly website.
Rise Above The Holiday Competition With A Faster Site
Ready for a faster, higher ranking site? Call us today at 866-843-4650!