IntuitSolutions Mail Server Upgrade
In order to provide the best service possible we are replacing our older email server with new hardware. This new email server uses a different control panel called Plesk, and the switch will be happening over the coming months as our current server is decommissioned. The purpose of this article is to help explain the steps you’ll need to take when it comes time to transition your store’s email over to the new machine.
Please follow the below set of directions, based on how you access your email. We recommend all our clients to set up and use a mail Program like Outlook, to manage their emails. However clients who still wish to access their email directly via Webmail can do so.
Accesing via Webmail
- Just go to http://webmail.yoursite.com
- Log in with the username and password we provided you.
- Important: Any archived emails you have stored in Webmail will not be transferred over. Therefore we recommend following the instructions below in setting up a mail Program like Outlook, so that you will have a copy of them on your computer.
For More information about Setting up the various options available in Webmail please reference this page Webmail Settings.
Accessing Via Mail Client(Outlook)
While these instructions are specifically for Microsoft Outlook, they should be similar for most mail clients
People using a Windows Machine and don’t have Microsoft Outlook installed, should have Microsoft Outlook Express installed and can follow the below instructions. NOTE: While the locations of the menus might be different, the settings are the same (for example, The Tools Menu might be called Options)
Customers who were using our old email system, only need to change their account password in Outlook and other mail Programs. You may also need to change your login username to your full email address, if it isn’t already.
- Click tools -> Account settings.
- Under the email tab click new -> Leave microsoft POP3 selected click next.
- Check the box that says Manually configure server settings, then click next.
- Leave Internet email checked and click next.
- Fill in the information, including the user name and password provided. The username should be your full email address (i.e. email@example.com)
- Account type = POP3 (unless you wish to set up your account using IMAP)
- incoming mail server = mail.yourwebsite.com
- outgoing mail server = mail.yourwebsite.com
- Important: To make sure your account doesn’t get completely filled up, please do the following.
- Click More Settings
- Click the advanced tab
- In the delivery section, check the “leave a copy of messages on the server” and “Remove from server after 10 days.”
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- Also Select the option to “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Important: Some Internet companies require you to use their settings for outgoing mail. If that is the case please use the information they provide for the Outgoing server.
- Click OK
- Click Next and then Finish. (You can also click test Account Settings if you wish)